I admit that I'm both excited & nervous for this upcoming year. It's always great to have a fresh start - I feel like I can accomplish just about anything! But at the same time, setting overzealous goals can cause me to fail before I've even begun. Plus the idea of keeping this blog up & the pressure to make it worth reading is a little daunting, especially since I'm so new to the book blogging world (just a few weeks)!
So my plans for this year are to set some year-long reading goals (mainly with my challenges), but more importantly, to set smaller, attainable goals & change them each week/month as seems fit. Let's face it, who doesn't feel happy & encouraged when they meet goals, even the simple ones? And if I can meet those, who's to say I can't meet the more lofty ones as well?! It's just about taking it in stride & not getting overwhelmed & burnt out.
Enough of my rambling - here are my goals!
1. Blog at least 5 times a week.
2. Write reviews for more than 2/3 of the books I read.
3. Host giveaways (monthly or every other month?).
4. Complete reading challenges: BIO, Around the World, YA Debut Author.
5. Don't compare myself to other bloggers unless it's to learn from them & improve (& not to get discouraged by feeling inadequate to their stellar blogging skills & creativity ;).
6. Don't let blogging/reading take priority over my family & home b/c when it comes down to it, these two men are much more important.
Reading Plans for January:
Thirteen Reasons Why, by Jay Asher
Unearthly, by Cynthia Hand
Eating Animals, by Jonathan Safran Foer
Thirteen Moons, by Charles Frazier
Clockwork Angel, by Cassandra Clare
The Council of Dads: My Daughters, My Illness, and the Men Who Could Be Me, by Bruce Feiler
The Luxe, by Anna Godbersen
The Lying Game, by Sara Shepard
Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone, by J.K. Rowling
What are YOUR New Year's goals?